#ableism in the #animalrights movement
This is what you DON’T say to someone who says they are struggling with depression.
➡️➡️ “That doesn’t sound like much of a struggle to me”. ⬅️⬅️
Paul Bashir of ‘Anonymous for the Voiceless’ during street outreach.
The clip was proudly posted on the facebook page of AV here.
How could this have been handled better?
– Paul Bashir: So what would be stopping you then?
– Person: As far as going vegan?
– Paul Bashir: yeah
– Person: Depression
– Paul Bashir: You think you would be depressed?
– Person: No, it’s just difficult to like, cook for yourself, and like, you know, do things other than order take-out.
– Paul Bashir: That doesn’t sound like much of a struggle to me.
– Person: Have you been depressed before?
– Paul Bashir: Yes, but I don’t put that before justice issues. I don’t say because I’m depressed I’m gonna exploit others.
0 comments on “Depression – “That doesn’t sound like much of a struggle to me””